Sunday, March 6, 2011

Best Buddies: Speech Coach

It was a great pleasure to assist Rob in writing his speech to celebrate his accomplishments, and transition in to his new position as a Best Buddy Ambassador!

Rob and I discussed different speech writing techniques and options. We talked about Rob's personal goals and what message he would like to convey in his speech. Rob expressed how important it was to him to gain independence. He said that independence was about being able to maintain your own financial freedom, be able to drive his truck, own his own home and go to school for higher education. Rob told me how hard he had been working on this and that he was learning a new program called Quicken to assist him in managing his funds.

After writing his speech, we practiced his speech. We talked about different public speaking techniques. The greatest achievement was watching Rob deliver his speech in front of all the Best Buddies friends and family!!!

Rob's Speech about Independence

"I want people to listen to how independent I am. Because I want them to listen to my goals to make them more independent... I want other people to be successful. I was happy when I got independent... By working on them (goals) take action on them. MORE ACTION, LESS TALKING!!" ~Rob

If you would like to learn more about best buddies, and how you can volunteer, please visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts